Logo Platform
Game goes to black screen, and locks down my whole PC forcing a restart
PC
Steam
2 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 4:49:01 PM

Game goes to black screen, and locks down my whole PC forcing a restart. 

This happened after the new patch today. I have tried to play three times in a row. The first two times it crashed my whole system went on the barge with my group. 

Third time I loaded into my barge, then join their group and it black screen hard crashed my whole system in combat. 

I have verified files on steam. 

Had no issues before patch.

Processor I9

4090 gpu

32 ram

I play on max settings, v-sync, 4k

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Loaded into the barge. Didn't matter if it was mine or friends.
Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Stability
Crash
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
Latest version
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by cross2085?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Opened
Reproduction in progress
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Reproduction in progress
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
2 days ago
Sep 27, 2024, 1:21:21 AM
PC
Steam
Latest version

I had this issue before but i had to walk into the starting area and it worked.
Now the screen is completely black and I cannot find out where to walk so its impossible to start a game.
Tried 10 times now same issue.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Loaded the game and started any game
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
a day ago
Sep 27, 2024, 9:52:02 AM
PC
Steam
Latest version

Issue occurs when attempting to launch an operation or co-op campaign mission on the battle barge.
Mission can be selected, gear configured as normal. Once you move into the launch area, you'll see the T-Hawk leave, and you'll end up on a black screen, though still able to hear ambient sound if you attempt to move your character.
Prior to patch, you would find your playable character on the Launch Bay, and the work around was to move into the launch area again, which would initiate the 'briefing' loading screen prior to the beginning of a mission. After patch, all you get is a black screen, though you can still hear ambient noise if you attempt to move around.
Issue has been observed in a cross play party of 3 grouped players (1x PS, 2x CPU). PS player also observed the above behavior when joining a quick play operations match.
Link to another bug thread reporting the same issue:
https://community.focus-entmt.com/focus-entertainment/space-marine-2/bugs/2487-black-screen-and-stuck-in-hangar-after-thunderhawk-cutscene-in-pve-operations?page=1

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Launched Co-OP operations or Campaign mission
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
4 hours ago
Sep 28, 2024, 12:09:17 PM
PC
Steam
Latest version

Got the exact same problem. I sometimes can play multiple round normal and then in any possible momemt my screen goes black and i cant do anything other than press the power button down and restart my pc. I already updated to the newest drivers, updated windows, shut down any overlay software possible, checked the integrity of the files, put a fps limit, lowered the setting. Nothing works it just randomly happens.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Just normal gameplay
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
4 hours ago
Sep 28, 2024, 12:28:02 PM
PC
Steam
Latest version

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
initiate a mission, watch cutscene for ship leaving
Step 2
screen goes black, a few seconds later hanger bay sound returns
Step 3
walk 10 paces forward and wait
Step 4
game then produces the load screen inside the ship
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Basic Information
Please give your KSIVA if possible as well as a general description of the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. (To find your KSIVA identifier code, enter the game and press "Up-Down-Left-Right" three times in a row. You can then copy and paste it) You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue