Logo Platform

Crossplay

Copied to clipboard!
23 days ago
Aug 27, 2024, 3:29:42 PM

What are the full details involving crossplay? Who can crossplay with who. You have not said in detail how it will work.

0Send private message
0Send private message
23 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 10:43:23 AM

Me and a few friends who were interested are on the fence now since Crossplay was announced. The last game we'd been waiting for EDF 6 just shoehorned Epic Online Services (EOS) into the game which required extra accounts to be created and linked, which very few people wanted to do given it was not announced prior to release and even those that did reported the game ran terribly online since EOS tends to be a buggy mess. Everyone I know refunded it due to the problems.
Is the Crossplay going to be an in house option that's built for Space Marine 2 or just a third-party pre-made package like EOS that requires multiple accounts to be created with your personal details only to fall over since it's not optimised for the game itself.
*Edited for a typo.

Updated 22 days ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 10:50:02 AM

Kuhnives wrote:

What are the full details involving crossplay? Who can crossplay with who. You have not said in detail how it will work.

Hello!

We'll talk about it very soon 🙌

0Send private message
0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 11:30:53 AM

Gevil wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Hello!

Thats great to hear! Was really hoping some of my console only friends would be able to play with me.

0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 11:49:36 AM

Gevil wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Hello!

That's great and all but it's like 3 weeks from release. It is a bit late to be revealing new information right? It feels like (not saying it is this just it feels like) it is intentionally not being discussed until preorders have been placed.

0Send private message
0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 11:57:51 AM

Valrak wrote:
From the information I have researched the game will have full Cross play, we have the developer confirming it in this video, also we have this interview where they also confirm it.

Yeah but crossplay can mean many things. The Games con stream and the video you linked shows devs just saying "there will be crossplay". This could be as simple as Epic playing with steam, or as inclusive as everyone can play with everyone. So far there is 0 information that tells which platforms can play with who.

0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 12:11:21 PM

Kuhnives wrote:

Gevil wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Hello!

That's great and all but it's like 3 weeks from release. It is a bit late to be revealing new information right? It feels like (not saying it is this just it feels like) it is intentionally not being discussed until preorders have been placed.

And that is the part making me and my friends on edge. A couple of games this year released with weird multiplayer situations that caused problems to the point of community uproar. Helldivers 2 and EDF 6 come to mind because I was waiting for both.
HD2 waved a requirement to make a Playstation account to start with, so the game was purchased by people in regions that can't make a PS account. Only for them to then try and make it a requirement some time after, so those people who'd bought it and gone past any refund period were stuck until the Devs had to walk back the change and let people carry on.
EDF 6 like I noted above, just stuck a requirement to link whatever account you were playing with to an Epic one, which wasn't on the store till hours after the release. Considering the low quality of the Multiplayer reported it didn't seem worth having to create and or link a whole other account. So lots of people refunded which seemed the smart choice since the Devs for EDF promised they were looking in the EOS problems it but then went quiet.
I don't really have any buddies on other platforms, I know some people do, like Valor above, and really want Crossplay between so they can game together. But I can't say I'd be happy with a worse overall game because trying to get several platforms to talk to one another ends up with problems. It's been done before and worked well for some games but others... Not so much.

Updated 22 days ago.
0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 2:14:36 PM

Maruder wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Gevil wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Hello!

And that is the part making me and my friends on edge. A couple of games this year released with weird multiplayer situations that caused problems to the point of community uproar. Helldivers 2 and EDF 6 come to mind because I was waiting for both.
HD2 waved a requirement to make a Playstation account to start with, so the game was purchased by people in regions that can't make a PS account. Only for them to then try and make it a requirement some time after, so those people who'd bought it and gone past any refund period were stuck until the Devs had to walk back the change and let people carry on.
EDF 6 like I noted above, just stuck a requirement to link whatever account you were playing with to an Epic one, which wasn't on the store till hours after the release. Considering the low quality of the Multiplayer reported it didn't seem worth having to create and or link a whole other account. So lots of people refunded which seemed the smart choice since the Devs for EDF promised they were looking in the EOS problems it but then went quiet.
I don't really have any buddies on other platforms, I know some people do, like Valor above, and really want Crossplay between so they can game together. But I can't say I'd be happy with a worse overall game because trying to get several platforms to talk to one another ends up with problems. It's been done before and worked well for some games but others... Not so much.

Yeah the speculation and concern is warranted, It would be very disappointing to not be able to play with my pc friends just because im on series x

0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 3:02:22 PM

Kuhnives wrote:

Valrak wrote:
From the information I have researched the game will have full Cross play, we have the developer confirming it in this video, also we have this interview where they also confirm it.

Yeah but crossplay can mean many things. The Games con stream and the video you linked shows devs just saying "there will be crossplay". This could be as simple as Epic playing with steam, or as inclusive as everyone can play with everyone. So far there is 0 information that tells which platforms can play with who.

Yeah I understand that, in the second video I did ask this exact question and the company replied:

'In our Q&A session, it was mentioned before they went to check with the producers that it should be the same as World War Z, which supports crossplay between PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.'

0Send private message
22 days ago
Aug 28, 2024, 3:36:43 PM

Valrak wrote:

Kuhnives wrote:

Valrak wrote:

Yeah I understand that, in the second video I did ask this exact question and the company replied:

'In our Q&A session, it was mentioned before they went to check with the producers that it should be the same as World War Z, which supports crossplay between PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.'

I checked the SteamDB for World War Z and it lists that it uses Epic Online Services.

So I guess now it's a dice roll. Some games with EOS don't have a problem and you don't need to create an account, others have flipped out or lagged massively when there's some Fortnite stuff going (Likely running on the same infatructure) on or need you to setup an account before playing. One or two claimed they'd make a "dummy account" when you hit multiplayer by pulling your account details, but most of those just failed to start and or had EOS flagged by anti-virus.

It's like there's two packages for EOS. One just does basic multiplayer which is alright and the other tries to do a ton of account stuff that makes it risk crashing on startup if Epic's servers are too slow with a reply.

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 3, 2024, 6:19:05 AM

You asked just a day or so too early. This got revealed I think a day or so after this post was made.

The short answer is that campaign and pvp have full crossplay between all platforms. The entire playerbase can play together in those modes.

For PvP though, it is locked to between PC players (steam and epic) and Console Players (xbox and playstation). For "balance and fairness". 

I would have preferred an option to turn that off/on in PvP, because I just want the biggest playerbase to fight against, but eh.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment