Logo Platform

Armory Data

Copied to clipboard!
23 days ago
Sep 14, 2024, 8:01:06 AM

feedback: for me looking for armory data is really annoying, it is very frustrating when you don't find it and it kinda ruins the experience. I am ok with looking for other stuff like gear, guardian relics and gene-seed because if you miss those you haven't missed out on a valuable resource...

please make armory data a fixed reward for a victorious run and not something you have to find

0Send private message
23 days ago
Sep 14, 2024, 5:03:16 PM

Agree. The real reason to run missions is for the armory data. If you fail to find it, then it feels like you wasted an entire hour of playing the mission.

0Send private message
22 days ago
Sep 15, 2024, 7:58:54 AM

Completely agree. And some people just dont want to slow down and search. They want to murder Xenos scum and purge heretics. I like to explore and the game will punish you if you tarry to look around. A completed mission get your req points and an armory piece. Easy

0Send private message
0Send private message
22 days ago
Sep 15, 2024, 6:55:44 PM

Not only looking for it, but the fact you can only get purple or gold from higher difficulties which for people who aren't skilled enough or don't have enough time to run higher difficulty content locks them out of upgrading their weapons. I can see this becoming a problem and a frustration even more so than it already is. Even implementing a system where you can combine say a certain number of green armory data to get a purple and then a certain number of purple to get a gold, is a better alternative. At least it helps people be able to get the armory data AND still creates and incentive to keep playing because you're working towards something you really want and need. 

0Send private message
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 9:45:12 PM

Another "Agreed".

A "Victory" without the armory data sure feels like a failure to me. :(

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 5:53:04 PM

Also why no Armory Data on the 2 boss missions (Decapitation and Reliquary)? I mean there are such a pain, and I really dislike running them. Now if they dropped Armory Data on top of spawn and possible mini boss then of course lets do them. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 8:04:00 AM

+1

I would be fine with the servo-skull and random Terminus spawn rewarding as they currently do, as a bonus.

But mission completions should absolutely be guaranteed armoury data.

0Send private message
0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 12:22:05 PM

100% agreed. This feels like a design choice meant to artificially lengthen the process it takes to upgrade weapons. If you were able to get a guaranteed armory data after each mission plus bonus ones from mini bosses and hunting down ones in the level you'd have way more than you would need to upgrade every weapon in the game on every class once you finished your first class pick. If the developers chose to do it like this, it is unlikely they would change it either due to pride of their decision or just for the sake to make players grind longer...

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 1:05:26 PM

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just make weapon progression happen naturally through micro achievements linked to each weapon or weapon type. Say something like "Get 25 headshot kills on Majoris level enemies to increase bolt rifle accuracy by +" (the plus sign being half a point) or "Kill 5 enemies in one swing 20 times with the chainsword to increase cleave by +." Finishing each weapon's 3 or 4 micro achievements in that tier would then unlock the next tier. By doing something like this, not only does the player become more efficient with the weapon but they actually feel like the progression is rewarding their skill, and thus, letting them try harder difficulties with their more formidable weapons. An Easter Egg Hunt is not what I would consider to be an accurate goal linked to weapon progression...

If they wanted to keep the hunting of armory data relevant then just make it so the cosmetics (weapon and armor) are unlocked by spending them on the pieces the player wants for their specific look.

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 3:05:40 PM

The armory data is a lore thing, because the way the technology works in 40k. It has been lost, we don’t have the information to upgrade our weapons unless the data is uncovered. It’s a big part of why and how certain wars and battles occur why they do. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 4:35:29 PM

Kharneth wrote:

The armory data is a lore thing, because the way the technology works in 40k. It has been lost, we don’t have the information to upgrade our weapons unless the data is uncovered. It’s a big part of why and how certain wars and battles occur why they do. 

If a minor aspect of lore gets in the way of people's desire for progression then it can be put on the back-burner. If armory data wasn't a thing in this game, it would not be missed.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 9:03:35 PM

The_Ironclad_Lad wrote:

Kharneth wrote:

If a minor aspect of lore gets in the way of people's desire for progression then it can be put on the back-burner. If armory data wasn't a thing in this game, it would not be missed.

I don’t personally think it’s a bad design, other than not being present in 2 of the maps. It’s nice when there is incentive for exploration. I already have to go searching for med packs, guardian relics, and the like. It’s also enjoyable that you can’t just lazily search for stuff, the enemy waves keep coming so you’ve got to be quick about it rather than just kill the enemies and the leisurely search for loot. 

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 10:00:09 PM

Kharneth wrote:

The_Ironclad_Lad wrote:

Kharneth wrote:

I don’t personally think it’s a bad design, other than not being present in 2 of the maps. It’s nice when there is incentive for exploration. I already have to go searching for med packs, guardian relics, and the like. It’s also enjoyable that you can’t just lazily search for stuff, the enemy waves keep coming so you’ve got to be quick about it rather than just kill the enemies and the leisurely search for loot. 

I don't mind hunting for them myself but having them linked to weapon progression, especially when you have to make that jump from substantial to ruthless with an underpowered weapon kind of sucks. Makes that first push a nightmare if your teammates are in the same boat...

0Send private message
13 days ago
Sep 24, 2024, 3:02:04 AM

yeah, I think if the relic one had a chance to drop in substantial, or if you could trade low level ones for higher ones, it would be better. I’m lucky enough to have 3 friends to play with and just tried my first ruthless match with a team I’m communicating with. I just know when I play games where the progression is passive and the gameplay loop is just rush, kill, rush, it gets old and starts to feel like a chore. Having to find things adds a little engagement to the missions beyond the combat. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment