Logo Platform

Please be less tonedeaf and disconnected from your players

Copied to clipboard!
19 days ago
Sep 18, 2024, 9:57:26 PM
  • Q: I-Frames on gun-strikes:
  • A: Gun-strikes are a risk/reward action, and it is very easy to spam. We specifically did not put an i-frame on it for balancing reasons, and we are not looking to change this intention.

If you the devs, believe your vision for the game is for it to be hard and specifically want to keep this mechanic as it is, that is understandable. But please don't confuse jankiness with challenge.

It's disheartening that you don't seem to acknowledge how the gun strike mechanic can be frustrating to use. 

Please play and make and effort to understand your own game. 

For example, you could play regular operations matches in order to really understand the actual issues at play. 

It's not too much to ask is it?

0Send private message
19 days ago
Sep 18, 2024, 11:37:15 PM

Suppose they do make it invincible, whats to stop players just spamming heavy attack and gun strike to effectively have infinite armour

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 3:28:22 AM

I see nothing wrong with their statement. What’s tone deaf about it?

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 3:50:56 PM

I also agree with the devs here. While it may not seem like it at first, the gun strikes ARE powerful and spammable. You one shot minoris, stagger and deal huge damage to even terminus enemies. You can even double tap (gun strike followed by gun strike execution). Adding I-frames would mean you can stagger and damage the hive tyrant even after he jumped on you. The only buff I'd see would be stagger resistance from regular minoris attacks to make it more reliable against waves on higher levels.

0Send private message
15 days ago
Sep 22, 2024, 7:42:10 AM

100% on the devs side. Its already easy enough to spam gunstrikes, and you only need a little bit of space for yourself to avoid getting bitten in the ankles. And if you're too slow to take the gunshot on that lictor and let it get close enough its your own fault to get hit out of the gunstrike animation by him.

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 4:34:31 PM

What I understand this it is deliberately meant to not be overpowered invincibility effect
It is risk/reward and you have to CHOOSE when to use it
If you get one parry off but have 3 more incoming you should wait to parry those instead of trying to get a quick one off and instead getting stunlocked because you got too greedy

0Send private message
14 days ago
Sep 23, 2024, 5:28:27 PM

This is the type of complaint that turned helldivers2 termanids difficulty 10 into weenie hut jr... There aren't even that many mechanics in this game, if you can't figure out how to use them... that's on you, not the devs my man.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 28, 2024, 3:19:27 AM

The dev are hardly tone deaf and have been engaging with us on a regular basis. many of us appreciate it. They are acknowledging that it could be too easy to spam, and have countered it by not having i-frames. Well done Developers!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment