Logo Platform

Loyalist team always loses from heretic? Balance issues

Copied to clipboard!
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 1:53:19 PM
Hi all,
Ive been playing so many games and never quite experienced an almost constant loss woth the loyalist team on PS5 since early acces. How can it be that 90% of the time when playing as Loyalists my team loses? I have been keeping an eye on the K/D ratio and it is almost always way higher with the Heretic team. It almost if you can't damage them enough to score a kill but you get decimated by them.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 2:02:01 PM

Doesn't really matter as faction you are playing is purely cosmetic. Pay more attention to mastery level of the players in the team, because right now game seems to be very unbalanced. For example it can take all high level players that have obviously more experience and smash them in one team while leaving noobies in the opposing team. Experienced it many times, and more often than not the low-level team is getting stomped and spawn camped. I am not really sure how the balancing system works if there is any to begin with, but it looks like it creates a list sorted by player level and then cutting that in a half to create teams. Really strange. I will probably turn down PvP for the time being because of that as it's not too enjoyable at the moment.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 2:57:03 PM

You have a good point, and yeah I'm a bit disappointed too. I really like the game but I think I'm going to leave it alone for a while and come back when things are more balanced out.

0Send private message
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 3:22:13 PM

i think what blue nemesis is saying is true, i played about 12 pvp matches and 10/12 matches ended up as chaos and losing.. maybe higher level players are put as loyalist or by coincidence? but every single game i played i had maybe a lvl 7(max lvl) on my team and a lvl 13 and lvl 15 on the enemy team.

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 3:23:51 AM

is that what you find? That’s wild. It’s more even than that for me, if not slightly in favor of the Imperium. 

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 3:26:00 AM

TheBlueNemesis wrote:

You have a good point, and yeah I'm a bit disappointed too. I really like the game but I think I'm going to leave it alone for a while and come back when things are more balanced out.

It’s more about levels than factions, if anything. It’s literally cosmetic. 

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 21, 2024, 7:06:15 AM

please note i'm a noob at pvp and i'm a liability to my team haha and hate playing chaos but damn every time i played was like that

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 21, 2024, 2:45:59 PM

I'm max ranked 25. 

My experience is there is about two players who know what they're doing, and four people feeding as hard as they humanly can. 

It'll get better with skill increases and practice. 

0Send private message
15 days ago
Sep 22, 2024, 12:45:49 AM

This thread illustrates some pretty clear "player schizophrenia" There is 0 difference between the classes or factions except cosmetics.

The reason this happens, especially if you don't leave the lobby but stay for several games, is because the matchmaking makes no effort to balance the teams by levels. And the higher leveled players have more experience at the very least, but also access to better gear.

Thus, if you end up in a lobby where there is 3 people around lvl 5 and 2 lvl 12 and one ranked around 20, and the other team is all players who are 15+ The team with 15+ level players will keep winning every round forever, until you leave the lobby and hope you get lucky and end up on a team where you have the level advantage. Then you should probably take the opportunity to stomp some games to get some wins and more levels for yourself.

However this is a shitty situation. The best thing for both the wellbeing of the game and how fun the game is for those players, would be that the matchmaking calculated the overall levels of the teams, and swapped people around so that the overall level of the teams was as even as possible. This would lead to actual balanced matches with challenge and fun for both sides, But this is not the case currently.

The matchmaking is also busted in PVE, so you have to trick the game by going back to title screen and i usually (just to be sure) also change the game mode to eternal war, but exit without starting matchmaking, then i switch back to operations. This is how you can get the operations matchmaking to work. And I'm glad someone mentioned this trick to me since i was completely confused when i could not find a single human player to play operations with, even though steamcharts showed over 160k players online within 24 hours on a saturday. Turns out the matchmaking just stops sometimes, or atually pretty much any time anyone leave or gets disconnected from the server/host.

However! the devs have mentioned that their priority is improving network issues as well as matchmaking. So be patient guys.... (though who am I to say... i just stopped playing PVP completely) I enjoy Operations mode way more and its what i bought the game for anyway...

Hope the PVE matchmaking bugging out fix i mentioned helps someone get human players in their groups finally if they've been struggling with it.

Updated 15 days ago.
0Send private message
12 days ago
Sep 24, 2024, 6:15:31 PM

Yesh the matchmaking is really really bad,i just started noticing that after the above comments. Ive tried for several days and I'm level 15 and still getting stomped 95% of the time with my team. I decided to stop playing pvp, im done

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 27, 2024, 5:00:22 PM

TheBlueNemesis wrote:

Yesh the matchmaking is really really bad,i just started noticing that after the above comments. Ive tried for several days and I'm level 15 and still getting stomped 95% of the time with my team. I decided to stop playing pvp, im done

Sorry brother but being level 15 doesn't mean anything, or at least -not much - you can be level 17362543 and just be unfocused, have a bad day or bad luck with match making and you will lose. Pvp is very demanding in this game, it requires a lot of energy, attention and fast decisions + great reflexes and the knowledge about weapons you use. Dont give up that easily, I sometimes have 3, 4 lost matches in a row, just to win the next 3 with a team of almost rookies - it's ups and downs, you will win, you will lose. What makes a difference between a champion and any other player is that the champ does not give up after defeats but grinds harder until he starts winning :)

Updated 9 days ago.
0Send private message
7 days ago
Sep 30, 2024, 1:07:54 PM

Sooo to correct myself, im still playimg haha. More knowledge  about the game now, couple of better weapons and loadouts, in combination with the above matchmaking advice it goes waaaay better. So patch is here, keep going and I am even enjoying it most of the time. Thanks for all the replies and keeping me positive, see you all on the battlefield. 

0Send private message
7 days ago
Sep 30, 2024, 1:37:23 PM

TheBlueNemesis wrote:

Sooo to correct myself, im still playimg haha. More knowledge  about the game now, couple of better weapons and loadouts, in combination with the above matchmaking advice it goes waaaay better. So patch is here, keep going and I am even enjoying it most of the time. Thanks for all the replies and keeping me positive, see you all on the battlefield. 

4 Chaos, brother !  :D

0Send private message
5 days ago
Oct 2, 2024, 12:08:12 AM

I don't think it should be level based, just like all games you've gotta do a hidden or unhidden skill approximation and balance by that. Because everyone will be 25 sometime and you'll still get the potatoes versus the people who have situational awareness.

0Send private message
5 days ago
Oct 2, 2024, 11:20:58 AM

MrsHeadshott wrote:

just like all games you've gotta do a hidden or unhidden skill approximation and balance by that.

I agree totally, the question is, does SM2 have this kind of system ?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment