Logo Platform

Nerf the Melta.... Lose your player base!

Copied to clipboard!
18 days ago
Sep 19, 2024, 5:42:47 PM

Fixing the contested health “bug” will nerf all area of effect weapons. That means the melta, las fusil, bolter with grenade launcher, plasma rifle, and to a smaller extent plasma pistol. You will nerf the whole game.

The current system of “overhealing” is fun while still remaining challenging. Take that fun away and there is no reason to play the missions and no reason to put up with your abysmally bad match making.

Additionally, if you actually play tested, which it doesn’t really seem that you did, you play tested and balanced with this overhealing ability in the game play. To remove it will destroy your game! Instead of being a big bad marine that wades into combat you will become a little shaking life that has to constantly roll away from the horde stop and shoot once and then continue dodging. The power fantasy of being a Space Marine will be ended. A Space Marine is supposed to be decked out in the amazing armor. In the game as it is now, armor is a joke. Two or 3 scratches from a minor and your armor is all gone. Then while you are hand fighting with the majors or supers because of the lack of ammo, the minors are shredding your health. The only way to keep this up is to be able to overheal. The tactical does it, the vanguard does it, the heavy does it, the sniper does it. If you remove overheal ability only the bulwark will have any heal and he will get overwhelmed because his 2 allies will be dead and he will be by himself. 

How to fix: First, do what the players asked for: 

1) Fix your terrible match making and network problems.  

Allow me to swap from campaign to pvp and coop pve modes without actually starting up a match. 

When I enter matchmaking for coop only match me with someone who is not playing the class that I am. 

Match me with 2 people instead of just one. 

When I am in a 2 man platoon, matchmake me with a single instead of no match making. 

If I have to kick someone for AFK, allow me to matchmake with a new player 

There are many times when I pick a mission for matchmaking it says waiting on battle brothers instead of searching for battle brothers and I have to quit to main title to reset. 

2) Fix your server issues 

3) Buff bolter rifles. On my lvl 25 tactical, I have been leveling up the bolter and it is terrible. I have to stay back on the fringes, dodge all the time, and pick off minors with my primary because it is so bad. I have to be carried because of how bad that gun is. 

4) Fix the assault class in ruthless level, he is worthless. 

Once you have fixed that then you can just leave everything well enough alone and everyone will continue to have fun. Or you could for no good reason revisit the overhealing by devoting extensive developer resources to fix something that is not broken by doing an extensive rework on the armor and health systems. And I would play test these changes extensively before releasing to the wild. 

If you get rid of overhealing without fixing the situation I will no longer find the game fun. I have almost 100 hours into this game but I will try to get a refund because this will become a different game, one that I would not have purchased. I will uninstall the game and never buy a Saber game again.

0Send private message
17 days ago
Sep 20, 2024, 3:22:16 AM

Seems more of a threat than feedback to me. Maybe I’m cynical, but there’s gotta be better ways of putting all this than how you did. 

Also, did they mention adjustments to Melta? I must have missed where that was said. 

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 22, 2024, 12:19:59 AM

Only thing they said was that they were going to fix an obvious bug that allowed you to heal yourself from 10hp of which say 5hp if contested, back to completely 100% full health with one shot, which was always obviously a bug. Like one Ray Charles could see is a damn bug. They should, and are going to fix that bug.

I'm sorry but this thread just seems whiny because once it is fixed you can no longer put the game on easy mode by essentially having a heal hack, that lets you facetank everything without actually having to engage with the systems of the game and play it like you're supposed to. It comes across as a child thats getting their toy taken away (or more current example: runs out of screen time so their ipad is taken away.)

Imagine all the players who haven't been abusing this bug and have been fine, such as myself (I refused to touch the melta specifically because it was obviously bugged and broken)

Even after removing this bug that made the melta an obviously very broken an overpowered weapon, it will STILL remain one of the strongest if not still strongest weapons in the game. Now you just have to deal with things the way players who haven't been exclusively using the melta have. Yeah, you can play the game without abusing bugs and clear ruthless. Imagine that.

If fixing a bug makes you not want to play the game then by all means uninstall the game and leave. You got your 100 hours, that's actually pretty much plenty for a non-live service game when you think about it. You got your moneys worth, and now you ran out of screen time. Now give me the ipad timmy.

0Send private message
16 days ago
Sep 22, 2024, 12:56:14 AM

Imagine being upset over a bug in a game getting fixed.

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message
13 days ago
Sep 24, 2024, 3:22:16 AM

There are a lot of multi hits that that advantage of the same bug. Ground Pound. Lasfusil. Etc

0Send private message
13 days ago
Sep 24, 2024, 9:25:35 AM

I thought this was a Warhammer 40k game, not a WAHHHHHrhammer 40k game.
If you're this distraught over a bug acknowledged by the developers as an unintentional bug, then maybe you should play something else.
Epic Mickey Rebrushed is due out tomorrow (as of typing this) and seems to be more your speed.

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 27, 2024, 1:19:17 AM

Bravo to Saber.  You fixed your game and then rebalanced it.  I was not expecting for you to fix the armor and make it relevant but you did!  I feel the operations are more fun now than ever.  Every other developer in recent memory just nerfs crap and never bothers to fix their game.  Hell Divers 2 and Destiny are great examples.  You fixed the bug and then rebalanced the game.  Bravo.  You also seem to have fixed most of the networking and matchmaking issues at the same time.  Well played.  Space Marines 2 is even more fun now than it was before.

0Send private message
9 days ago
Sep 28, 2024, 9:28:11 PM

Tundra wrote:

Fixing the contested health “bug” will nerf all area of effect weapons. That means the melta, las fusil, bolter with grenade launcher, plasma rifle, and to a smaller extent plasma pistol. You will nerf the whole game.

The current system of “overhealing” is fun while still remaining challenging. Take that fun away and there is no reason to play the missions and no reason to put up with your abysmally bad match making.

Additionally, if you actually play tested, which it doesn’t really seem that you did, you play tested and balanced with this overhealing ability in the game play. To remove it will destroy your game! Instead of being a big bad marine that wades into combat you will become a little shaking life that has to constantly roll away from the horde stop and shoot once and then continue dodging. The power fantasy of being a Space Marine will be ended. A Space Marine is supposed to be decked out in the amazing armor. In the game as it is now, armor is a joke. Two or 3 scratches from a minor and your armor is all gone. Then while you are hand fighting with the majors or supers because of the lack of ammo, the minors are shredding your health. The only way to keep this up is to be able to overheal. The tactical does it, the vanguard does it, the heavy does it, the sniper does it. If you remove overheal ability only the bulwark will have any heal and he will get overwhelmed because his 2 allies will be dead and he will be by himself. 

How to fix: First, do what the players asked for: 

1) Fix your terrible match making and network problems.  

Allow me to swap from campaign to pvp and coop pve modes without actually starting up a match. 

When I enter matchmaking for coop only match me with someone who is not playing the class that I am. 

Match me with 2 people instead of just one. 

When I am in a 2 man platoon, matchmake me with a single instead of no match making. 

If I have to kick someone for AFK, allow me to matchmake with a new player 

There are many times when I pick a mission for matchmaking it says waiting on battle brothers instead of searching for battle brothers and I have to quit to main title to reset. 

2) Fix your server issues 

3) Buff bolter rifles. On my lvl 25 tactical, I have been leveling up the bolter and it is terrible. I have to stay back on the fringes, dodge all the time, and pick off minors with my primary because it is so bad. I have to be carried because of how bad that gun is. 

4) Fix the assault class in ruthless level, he is worthless. 

Once you have fixed that then you can just leave everything well enough alone and everyone will continue to have fun. Or you could for no good reason revisit the overhealing by devoting extensive developer resources to fix something that is not broken by doing an extensive rework on the armor and health systems. And I would play test these changes extensively before releasing to the wild. 

If you get rid of overhealing without fixing the situation I will no longer find the game fun. I have almost 100 hours into this game but I will try to get a refund because this will become a different game, one that I would not have purchased. I will uninstall the game and never buy a Saber game again.

You can’t be serious you have such comprehensive “feedback” and don’t know you can swap between OPERARIONS CAMPAING AND PVP without starting a match 🤣🤣🤣🤣

clown

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment