A simple change that would satisfy a lot of peoples, is the possibility to have a classsic helmet and shoulders pads / breastplate at least for every classes.

The goal is to have the actual "legion" oriented cosmetic, or an undivided-chaos one (like the tactical black legion), for every classes. 

For exemple, a chaos-vanguard but with the chaos-tactical helmet, and blank shoulder pads instead of the khornate one = an undivided chaos warrior from a random warband.

Same on the assault : chaos-tactical helmet and blank body armor = you have a undivided chaos raptor which you can color as you want.

For the supposedly need to distinct all classes in PvP, I call it BS. Loyalist can look all the same and yet, their posture, animations, weapons, are what make them what they are.

Same for chaos. If every classes can have access to the chaos-tactical helmet (black legion, undivided), assault maintain his jumpack, heavy his heavy weapons.

The only problem can be for the vanguard vs tactical : assault have his jumpack, sniper his cloak, heavy his stance, bulwark his shield.

But seriously. : is this that important ?

This solution would permit players to create their own chaos warriors : black and pink vanguard for an Emperor's children like, or a black and red raptor to simulate a Red Corsair.

PS : English not my native langage, I hope I make myself understood... !