Logo Platform

Bolt Sniper Rifle Buff

Co-op

a month ago
Sep 25, 2024, 10:10:20 PM

This Rifle either needs more ammo so i can sniper for longer fights against elite enemies or it needs more damage to compensate for the already small amount of ammo. 

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
25 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 6:50:24 PM

Yes, the Las-Fusil is better in every way except the small delay in the shot, which is easily mitigated.  

The bolt rifle needs to have a reason to exist - as it stands it's lower damage, same ammo without the delay.  The difference in damage does not make up for the lack of a delay.

0Send private message
12 days ago
Oct 9, 2024, 10:45:20 PM

Here is my idea.

I think everyone agrees that the current iteration of the Bolt Sniper Rifle sucks. Las Fusil pretty much eats it.

Taking into consideration the datasheet for the Eliminator Squad, my view of the situation is that in comparison between the two weapons, base damage for Las Fusil should be higher, but the headshot multiplier for the Bolt Sniper Rifle should be higher to the point that its headshots are considerably more damaging than a Las Fusil headshot. My ideal point would be something like 1 headshot to kill ranged majoris, 2 for melee majoris, or alternatively every time you remain aiming stationary for a couple of seconds you gain a little damage buff that allows for 1 headhost kill for any majoris. But, that is for the devs to balance and decide.

Why I'd like it be done this way? Well, both Las Fusil and the Bolt Sniper Rifle have the Heavy ability (that's why I like the idea of a small damage buff after aiming while stationary for a couple of seconds), but only the Bolt Sniper Rifle has the Precision ability, which allows the attacking unit to direct hits to a Character unit, rather than a crowd. Not directing your hits means the defending player chooses how to distribute the wounds, meaning that he can use lesser units as bodyguards and have their high value unit take no damage or less damage. To me that translates to the Space Marine II sniper gameplay loop as shooting Majoris from a distance to make easy work of the Minoris units without their interruption. However, this is currently better done with Las Fusil, which doesn't have Precision, and therefore should be more of a weapon to shoot through a mixed Majoris/Minoris crowd with not too much of a worry about headshots.

This change would allow the Bolt Sniper Rifle to have some place in the kit, which it doesn't have.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
7 days ago
Oct 14, 2024, 9:15:26 AM

I agree 100%

I unlocked the relic version of the bolt sniper and it is still a let down.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment