A reddit user who had a bright idea for the modifier for Lethal difficulty. I’m gonna leave a full quote of him since it was quite very detailed and will leave out some thought out loud or jokes.

“I'm looking forward to what they can cook up for Modifiers. 
I'd like to see something like a: 

"Khornes Influence" where there's zero ammo drops but also zero ranged enemies on Nid missions. Turn Inferno into an absolute moshpit of chainsword and chitin without those fucking mines being an issue.

Or "Mechanicus Meddling" where your every shot has a multiplier ranging from .5 to 2x damage. 

“Alternative ammunition" where bolter shots explode on hitting a solid object or when they stop pen-ing.

"Swarm" where there's like half the majoris/extremis but triple or more minoris.

"Elite Guard" that increases majoris by 50%, but halves minoris.

"Intelligence report" letting the players know the rough odds of extremis spawns and the type, majoris are quicker to call for back up because they expect you now. 

"Requisition reclamation" that doubles the box spawns or drops, but they will always be guarded by three majoris. 

"Chaos/Hive Interference" where factions that wouldn't normally be in the level can now spawn. 

"Living ammunition" where Nid projectiles don't do damage on impact BUT do greater damage as a DoT. 

"For Ultramar", drastically reduced ability cooldown and duration. 

"Unstable arms" where non-bolters for both players and Chaos cause friendly fire.

"Unusual allies", some guard regiment lends their aid.”