Logo Platform
Problem FOV with 32:9 screen format
PC
Steam
12 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 7:21:42 PM

Greetings
I have a monitor with resolution of 5120:1440 (32:16).

I wait for the ultra widescreen support, but the camera is too close to the character and I can't enjoy the game.

Like you say in your Q&A changing the FOV can degrade the visual aspect of the game. But the ultra wild resolution setting changes the FOV!!! 

you can see the difference with the screenshots below (the first photo resolution 16:9, the 2nd resolution 32:9)

I understand that changing the FOV brings some issue like some character that stop moving and disappear during cinematic because there should be off screen normally and the display of the gear in the customisation menu who seems far away. 

I prefer to have visual bugs during the cutscenes and in the menus and a better camera during the fights than the opposite. 

Best regards

Sorry in advance, English is not my first language

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
having an ultra wild resolution setting
Screenshots
screenshot
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
Camera
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
Latest version
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by djoun52?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Opened
Reproduction in progress
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Reproduction in progress
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Sep 28, 2024, 9:16:50 AM
PC
Steam
Latest version

The camera that you develop is very cinematic. 

we can't even see the eyes of some characters during certain cutscenes

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
having an ultra wild resolution setting 32:9
Screenshots
screenshot
screenshot
0Send private message
7 days ago
Oct 1, 2024, 7:14:21 PM
PC
Steam
Latest version

Such aspect ratio is really an edge case and you cannot expect it to be perfectly supported in every game. Especially games that heavily rely on what's on screen. in SM2's case, mobs off-screen behave differently, when you're not looking at them. This will be game-breaking. 
On the topic of FOV -
No, the FOV is not changed in your screenshots. It's exactly the same. It's just cropped from 5120x2880 (16:9 with the same FOV as usual), as your monitor is just a 5120x2880 with top and bottom quarters chopped off, really. 

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
n/a
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Basic Information
Please give your KSIVA if possible as well as a general description of the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. (To find your KSIVA identifier code, enter the game and press "Up-Down-Left-Right" three times in a row. You can then copy and paste it) You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue