Logo Platform
Dodge and block/parry often do not work.
XBox
Xbox Series S
10 hours ago
Sep 19, 2024, 1:08:34 PM

I keep hearing on the forums about how this is a skill issue but I’ve analyzed frame by frame and seen my character get hit instead of blocking attacks that absolutely should not have landed. I’ve had similar issues against bosses, particularly with dodge. My best educated guess is that the boss’s collision domain is larger than its character model causing your character to get poked in the eye by a stray butt-cheek after what should have been a successful dodge.

The third issue with dodge is during the Decapitation boss fight. When the boss does his three expanding bubble attacks you literally get in the middle of your actual dodge animation. Again, if we want to call this a skill issue why is my character getting hit by an attack in the middle of his dodge animation? I am skilled enough to dodge the bubble but this was insanely frustrating as a noob.

Last issue I’ll throw in: Please add I-Frames to your character while he is lying on the ground after getting hit by the boss. You start with full health/armoe, get grazed by the boss’s pinky toe then lay on the ground while he breakdances your health down to 5%

Awesome game, thanks guys! I just want the player counts to stay high. These fixes would go a long way.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Dodging or blocking
Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
Controls
Platform
Distribution
Game version
XBox
Xbox Series S
Latest version
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by Krollbar?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Opened
Reproduction in progress
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Reproduction in progress
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
7 hours ago
Sep 19, 2024, 4:30:26 PM
XBox
Xbox Series X
Latest version

1) Button not working:

The only thing I can think is that I've been "stun locked" or interrupted (on a failed parry/block/dodge when I know I hit the buttons). There are small visual cues of being interrupted, in a mass wave of mobs it's slightly more clear that an interrupt has occured but other times its hard to tell.

Having some color cue or more obvious UI cue that an interrupt has occurred (perhaps toggle-able in options) would help players figure out if this is a genuine interrupt or a bug.

2) Dodge timing:

Same thing with the "timing" on the roll dodge for the decap boss (and others) - clearly the "window" of the timing of the dodge skip or roll *isn't* the full dodge visualization (it appears dodge only applies for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the visual graphic behavior). Having the toon have a color aura for the "invulnerable" portion of the dodge visualization could be helpful.

*** my workaround for decap, is that you need to wait until the last second to initiate dodge

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
attempt to block/parry/dodge
Step 2
NOPE, apparently the game glitched OR you were stun locked / interrupted
Screenshots
screenshot
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Basic Information
Please give your KSIVA if possible as well as a general description of the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. (To find your KSIVA identifier code, enter the game and press "Up-Down-Left-Right" three times in a row. You can then copy and paste it) You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue