Logo Platform

MULTI MELTA IN PVP NEEDS MORE LOVE.

Copied to clipboard!
13 days ago
Sep 24, 2024, 11:45:44 PM

Just like in the title. Devs, pls crunch your numbers and you will see that nobody is using multi melta in pvp...apart from me because I'm stupid. I was so hyped to finally unlock it , hoping for at least half of the experience it gave me in the campaign and I got totally disappointed, and not only me as nobody wants to use this weapon. So the question arises, if the gun is so useless that nobody plays it (in pvp) - what's the point of having it in the first place ? I understand that in Wh40k lore multi melta is so powerful that it's impossible to translate it 1:1 into this kind of shooter, it would be totally op and ruin the game. So we need a sweet spot, let's analyze what the problem exactly is first. 

1. The range is much too short. In the campaign it's around 50 meters and it's perfect for me, the damage too. But in pvp the range is around 10 meters, this is actually shorter than a bolt pistol ! It would be acceptable for me if the damage was increased at the same time. 

2.Also, the time between consecutive shots is too long, it's a very slow shotgun.

3. Solution - pls consider extending the range of multi melta to at least half of that from the campaign, around 25 meters, it would still be shorter than the bolter's (although in table top they have the same range actually). Also it would be fair imo to see one of these two tweaks implemented - either make it shoot faster or buff the damage.

If nothing gets done about multi melta, it will remain the most unused weapon in pvp - that would be such a shame. Anybody who uses it now in pvp is a masochist :)

Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
12 days ago
Sep 25, 2024, 11:14:43 PM

It's not the weapon that's bad, it's you who don't know how to use it.

The effective range of the melta is no more than 2 meters.

It shoots very fast, just get into a stance.

The multi melta is a very powerful weapon, but few people use it correctly.

0Send private message
12 days ago
Sep 25, 2024, 11:19:03 PM

Rikbrit wrote:

Ekhmm. It's not that not many people use it correctly but not many people use it AT ALL and not without a reason. It's a fast paced game, there's not always enough time to get into stance, very often you are forced to run and gun, that's the best tactics to survive. That is why players generally prefer a heavy bolter, it's much more versatile and with longer range. It does the same as multi melta but better, so why would you need multi melta ? Multi melta is definitely underpowered, it's a very faaar cry from what it should be according to the lore, like no other weapon in this game.

Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
12 days ago
Sep 25, 2024, 11:35:53 PM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

Ekhmm. It's not that not many people use it correctly but not many people use it AT ALL and not without a reason. It's a fast paced game, there's not always enough time to get into stance, very often you are forced to run and gun, that's the best tactics to survive. That is why players generally prefer a heavy bolter, it's much more versatile and with longer range. It does the same as multi melta but better, so why would you need multi melta ? Multi melta is definitely underpowered, it's a very faaar cry from what it should be according to the lore, like no other weapon in this game.

"there's not always enough time to get into stance" Lol What? You literally do it in 0.1 seconds. The TTK of a multi-melta is several times lower than that of a bolter.

Updated 12 days ago.
0Send private message
12 days ago
Sep 25, 2024, 11:40:16 PM

Rikbrit wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

"there's not always enough time to get into stance" Lol What? You literally do it in 0.1 seconds. The TTK of a multi-melta is several times lower than that of a bolter.

You practically can't move when you're in the heavy stance. Have you even played it in pvp ? I never managed to kill anybody faster with multi melta than with a heavy bolter, maybe it's possible but I never got to experience this glory although I tried really hard XD

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 4:39:57 AM

image loaded from url

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqC1brgzmU

This was taken from a youtube video a simple google search took me too where the player was using the Multi Melta.

In short, it's not bad, you're bad at using it.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 7:47:51 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

You practically can't move when you're in the heavy stance. Have you even played it in pvp ? I never managed to kill anybody faster with multi melta than with a heavy bolter, maybe it's possible but I never got to experience this glory although I tried really hard XD

I was level 25 in pvp a week ago... With a multi melta you can easily have KD 3+, But if you don't know how to do it, then I'm not going to teach you

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 8:19:02 AM

Rexipher wrote:

image loaded from url

This was taken from a youtube video a simple google search took me too where the player was using the Multi Melta.

Oh really, it doesn't seem like a valid proof of anything to me. How about you show YOUR OWN skill with multi melta instead of pasting a screen that doesn't tell anything. Pls, show me your game play with multi melta here, a full match if you don't mind.

Rikbrit wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rikbrit wrote:

I was level 25 in pvp a week ago... With a multi melta you can easily have KD 3+, But if you don't know how to do it, then I'm not going to teach you

No, you aren't going to teach me because you also don't know how to do it. Every time you write something about multi melta I get a feeling there's a big misunderstanding going on here. Either you are talking about your PVE expereience, not PVP or you are talking about tacticals with melta guns maybe, not heavies with multi meltas, these are two different animals. Besides, you probably noticed how very few players use this weapon, it is hard not to notice. During 2 weeks of gameplay I didin't spot a single one doing that...apart from me obviously XD.  Do you think it's a coincidence and the majority of players are wrong and you are right, or maybe you're trying to say that MM is a kind of an emo gun, misunderstood by everybody :D ? How about you show your own vid with you decimating everybody with this gun like crazy but no cherry picked highlights pls, a full match. I would really like to see it.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 9:17:49 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

image loaded from url

Oh really, it doesn't seem like a valid proof of anything to me. How about you show YOUR OWN skill with multi melta instead of pasting a screen that doesn't tell anything. Pls, show me your game play with multi melta here, a full match if you don't mind.

Well, I haven't touched PvP since I've not been interested in delving into it yet, so can't do that.
And it's not just a screen, I linked the video itself so you could see how they played with him. Maybe learn a little from it.
It shouldn't matter if it comes from me or anyone else honestly. If you will just turn a blind eye that there are people who can utilize the Multi Melta effectively then it's you who are simply too ignorant to understand how to use it and too proud to realise that you need practice.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 9:42:22 AM

Rexipher wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

image loaded from url

Well, I haven't touched PvP since I've not been interested in delving into it yet, so can't do that.
And it's not just a screen, I linked the video itself so you could see how they played with him. Maybe learn a little from it.
It shouldn't matter if it comes from me or anyone else honestly. If you will just turn a blind eye that there are people who can utilize the Multi Melta effectively then it's you who are simply too ignorant to understand how to use it and too proud to realise that you need practice.

Oh, you haven't even played pvp once ? So you're just a pvp virgin trying to school somebody who is pvp guy only :D I saw this video and it's very weird because it's from the 9th of September - the day of the game release. Can you explain to me how did this guy get to unlock the multi melta on 15th level of veterancy in JUST ONE DAY ? Bro, if you played pvp just once, you'd know it's impossible, so that means it is most probably some kind of beta tester. You can also notice that other players are low level, so they are total rookies and they could get owned by a tactical with a combat knife who knows how to use it. Even with all this, the guy with multi melta is really struggling in this vid, you can really get this amount of kills and more much easier with a heavy bolter but it actually shouldn't be so as multi melta is supposed to be a much  more powerful weapon, you can one shot Land Raiders with it. But how are you supposed to know it, you didn't play pvp even once so you don't even understand what you see in this video and you have the balls to call me "ignorant" - LOL :D Bro, nobody is using multi Melta in pvp now, does it tell you anything or will you still be ignorant of this fact ?

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:22:15 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

image loaded from url

Oh, you haven't even played pvp once ? So you're just a pvp virgin trying to school somebody who is pvp guy only :D I saw this video and it's very weird because it's from the 9th of September - the day of the game release. Can you explain to me how did this guy get to unlock the multi melta on 15th level of veterancy in JUST ONE DAY ? Bro, if you played pvp just once, you'd know it's impossible, so that means it is most probably some kind of beta tester. You can also notice that other players are low level, so they are total rookies and they could get owned by a tactical with a combat knife who knows how to use it. Even with all this, the guy with multi melta is really struggling in this vid, you can really get this amount of kills and more much easier with a heavy bolter but it actually shouldn't be so as multi melta is supposed to be a much  more powerful weapon, you can one shot Land Raiders with it. But how are you supposed to know it, you didn't play pvp even once so you don't even understand what you see in this video and you have the balls to call me "ignorant" - LOL :D Bro, nobody is using multi Melta in pvp now, does it tell you anything or will you still be ignorant of this fact ?

I don't have to had played the PvP to be able to see that others can use a weapon that you complain over is unusable.
Is it a difficult weapon to use? Probably due to the range and firing rate. But it's a high risk high reward type of weapon.

Will everyone be able to use it effectively? No.
Could it need some fine tuning? Maybe. the game is only 2-3 weeks old and data is constatly collected to see where things could use some tuning.
But like everything in the game, it's still viable in the right hands.

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:24:06 AM

It's a shotgun. The closer you are, the more powerful it is. If you try to use it like a mid-range or long-range rifle, you'll just end up getting killed like a chicken, becoming an easy kill. Jeez! ​

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:28:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U9dGgVCnFk

Here's a more up-to date video. It's even a Heavy Bolter vs Multi Melta comparison video.

Showing the players best and worst matches using both.

Is the Multi meltas k/d ratio lower than the Heavy Bolters? Yeah. but it do still show that the Multi Melta used right is still very viable.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:29:57 AM

I don't have to had played the PvP to be able to see that others can use a weapon that you complain over is unusable.
Is it a difficult weapon to use? Probably due to the range and firing rate. But it's a high risk high reward type of weapon.

Could it need some fine tuning? Maybe. the game is only 2-3 weeks old and data is constatly collected to see where things could use some tuning.

No, you do have to play pvp and multi melta to be able to take part in this discussion, otherwise you are just like somebody who is reviewing a movie without seeing it - stop ridiculing yourself bro  :D Your only experience about it is watching 1 vid of a guy who is a gaming journalist and who probably had some kind of a special game pass and had started playing earlier than all other players.  Saying that "everything is viable in the right hands in this game" is like saying nothing, you only prove that you completely have no idea what you're talking about.

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:32:52 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

No, you do have to play pvp and multi melta to be able to take part in this discussion, otherwise you are just like somebody who is reviewing a movie without seeing it - stop ridiculing yourself bro  :D Your only experience about it is watching 1 vid of a guy who is a gaming journalist and who probably had some kind of a special game pass and had started playing earlier than all other players.  Saying that "everything is viable in the right hands in this game" is like saying nothing, you only prove that you completely have no idea what you're talking about.

At least I am not blind to the fact that people can use it and show good performance with it.
So where does the problem lie if the weapon itself can still perform well if not by the player using it?

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:51:32 AM

Bigtomo wrote:

It's a shotgun. The closer you are, the more powerful it is. If you try to use it like a mid-range or long-range rifle, you'll just end up getting killed like a chicken, becoming an easy kill. Jeez! ​

In this game, yes, multi melta is a shotgun but not in WH40k lore. Normally, multi melta is a mid range anti tank weapon, it has the same range as bolter. But I'm ok with that, for the sake of a healthy gameplay it cannot be as powerful as in the lore but even shotguns have longer range than just 10 meters for the Emperor's sake :D That's all I'm asking for, a bit  longer range (and a little faster shooting maybe). I agree with the rest of your post tho, I can see that at least you tried this weapon in pvp :)

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 10:54:27 AM

Rexipher wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

At least I am not blind to the fact that people can use it and show good performance with it.
So where does the problem lie if the weapon itself can still perform well if not by the player using it?

Yes, you are blind, you are pvp blind because you simply didn't play it even once - that's self explanatory. No, ppl can't use it effectively because nobody is playing this weapon, go play pvp, you will see for yourself and I'm sure the numbers will prove that once devs crunch them. 

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 11:06:54 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Yes, you are blind, you are pvp blind because you simply didn't play it even once - that's self explanatory. No, ppl can't use it effectively because nobody is playing this weapon, go play pvp, you will see for yourself and I'm sure the numbers will prove that once devs crunch them. 

This is gonna be off topic, but on something that I'm not blind to.
I've seen multiple threads over how the Assault class in PvE is bad and needs a bunch of fixing to make it viable.
But I have played the Assault on Ruthless and even had good games where I didn't need to use a single medkit.
I'm not gonna mention the over-healing that can happen, since it's effecting everyone, even those who "can't play" the Assault on high tier difficulties.

Is the class bad? Personally I can outright say, No, it's not bad.
it simply requires people to know when and how to engage groups of enemies and have a good understanding how the parry system works and how to use it.

But since there appears to be more people who complain than not, does that automatically make it that the class actually is bad?
Then how can I use it effectively and others not?

Just an example on something where I do have personal experience in.

Back to the Melta.
That "no one" is using the Melta doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad. It could simply mean that it is a weapon that requires more skill and understanding of the user.
And a lot of people might just not want to feel like they have to work their ass off. But maybe that's just what type of weapon it is.
And it's not wrong that a game have different things that might cater to different types of players.
But seeing how there are countless of threads floating around how people complain over the difficulty of the game in general it just feels like the majority of players just don't want to put in the effort into a game anymore, but simply wants to be able to play with their brains shut off.

I dunno how many times in a lot of different games where I've wanted to do better so I looked up builds and copied them yet still couldn't reach the performance of others using the same thing.
It's simply because I didn't know how to use it properly, nothing more. Personal lack of skill.

Updated 11 days ago.
0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 11:20:13 AM

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

Bladerunner777 wrote:

Rexipher wrote:

image loaded from url

Pvp guy? Bro you are a loser lol. I also dont think you know how distance works.. or conversion? The melta is not 50 meters in campaign or 10 in pvp it is 2. This game has turned it into a shotgun you need to get closer to the enemy to be effective. 

Another guy posted a video of someone doing well with it and you dismissed it just 'because' grow up and get good.

0Send private message
11 days ago
Sep 26, 2024, 11:30:03 AM

Pvp guy? Bro you are a loser lol. I also dont think you know how distance works.. or conversion? The melta is not 50 meters in campaign or 10 in pvp it is 2. This game has turned it into a shotgun you need to get closer to the enemy to be effective. 

Another guy posted a video of someone doing well with it and you dismissed it just 'because' grow up and get good.

You offend me calling me a loser and yet you are trying to say I don't know how conversation works ??? Stop offending people or I will have to report you. Yes it is around around 50 meters in the campaign and around 10 in pvp, how can you have not noticed that ? Yes I know multi melta works like a shotgun sherlock but like I said earlier, even shotguns shoot further than 10 meters. The video you are talking about is by a game journalist who had the level of veterancy - 15 on the release day , lol :D I want to see YOUR VIDEO WITH MULTI MELTA to prove that it is so effective as you say. Go ahead, don't be shy.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment