Logo Platform

Revamp Chapter Packs: Focus on the Iconic, Not the Successors

Chapters

25 days ago
Sep 12, 2024, 4:54:01 PM

The logic behind the Chapter Customization packs seems overly focused on successor chapters, leaving the core founding chapter largely underrepresented, despite being the namesake of the pack.

Take the Ultramarines Cosmetic Pack as an example: While it offers dozens of colors and insignia for various Ultramarines successor chapters, there are only two Ultramarines-specific greave markings. As for unique gear, there's only one helmet—featuring a small Ultima symbol on the forehead. Beyond that, there are no cosmetic options that allow players to represent the Ultramarines while playing their preferred class.

Speaking of classes, there's a beautifully designed armor set for the heavy class, but this presents two problems:

1. For players like myself who don’t enjoy the heavy class, this is essentially useless.
  2. The armor set cannot be customized at all, further limiting its appeal (me personally, I do not care for the fourth company, for example).

Oddly, the only other unique cosmetic items in the Ultramarines pack are tied to Deathwatch—a helmet, left pauldron, left gauntlet, and left greave—instead of being dedicated to Ultramarines.

For this as well as future chapter packs, it’s essential that players be able to represent their favorite chapter across all classes if they've purchased either the season pass or a specific chapter pack. As a Dark Angels fan, for example, unlocking successor chapter colors like the Knights of Steel may be nice, but it doesn't allow me to truly represent the iconic chapter I care about.

It's a good thing that in the case of the Ultramarines, there are already plenty of models in the game that could be adapted for all classes—think of Titus' breastplate and backpack with the Ultima symbol, or the Ultramarines Champion's gauntlets, greaves, breastplate and pauldron markings. 

The ideal solution would be to include one or two chapter-specific cosmetics per gear slot for each class (very similarly to the current Deathwatch bits), ensuring that no player is left without the ability to proudly represent their favorite founding chapter.

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 days ago
Sep 30, 2024, 10:51:48 AM

Its insane small simple things like the roman centurion themes helmets for tactical can't be used for any other class.

So many things in this game feel limited for customisation yet in the campaign we see all these cool blade guard armours etc.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a day ago
Oct 6, 2024, 4:04:57 AM

This is my dream - customization that is varied and unlocked regardless of class, especially for me as a fan of Space Wolves, such as cloaks, fangs, different helmets, runic inscriptions.

Updated a day ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment